CONDITIONS FOR GRANT OF INSTALLMENT FACILITY TO LIQUIDATE THE OUTSTANDING PF ARREARS
This facility is available only for liquidation of arrears under the Employees Provident Fund Act including damages and interest.
- Maximum installments shall be 36 (monthly installments). However, the number of installments admissible in each case will be decided on individual merits.
- Except in the case of sick units, the defaulters shall be required to liquidate the employees' share, before applying for installments.
- The scheme shall operate from the subsequent month of grant of the facility.
- A revolving bank guarantee equal to one installment shall be furnished along with the proposal.
- The proposal shall be submitted to the regional / sub-regional / sub-accounts office controlling compliance of the establishment. Depending on the delegated powers the case shall be processed by the appropriate office.
- Where the case is to be decided by the Head office, the proposal complete in all respect shall be forwarded by the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner-I alongwith his observations and specific recommendations.
- RPFC-I shall recommend the installment only where it exceeds the delegated powers or where the period required stretches beyond the calendar year.
- Only if the RPFC is satisfied about the viability of the scheme, he shall send his recommendation.
- The number of installments recommended shall be reasonable and relatable to the quantum of default.
- The establishment shall be required to remit the installment amount positively before 15th of the subsequent month.
- The establishment shall ensure remittance of the current dues alongwith the installment dues before 15th of the month.
- There shall be an undertaking regarding payment of damages and interest dues as and when levied.
- The installment scheme shall be deemed to have been cancelled in case of any default in payment either of installment amount or current dues.
- Consequent on the cancellation of the installment facility, all coercive steps shall be initiated against the establishment / employer for realizing the outstanding dues without further notice.
- Even where the default amount is within the powers of the RPFCs a review shall be made by the RPFC-I of the region periodically.
Further details, if any required, can be had from the nearest office of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation.