a) Employees' Provident Fund Scheme:
- Every employee (including part-time workers and those employed by or through contractors) shall be entitled to become a member of the Scheme from the date of joining the factory or the other establishment. (Para 26)
- Every excluded employee shall be entitled to become a member from the date he ceased to be such employee.
- Every member of an exempted Provident Fund on joining establishment to which the Scheme applies.
- Any employee who is not otherwise eligible to become member of the Scheme, on request by him and his employer.
- Every newspaper employee other than an excluded employee shall be entitled to become member of the Fund after completion of 3 months continuous service or if he has actually worked for 60 days during 3 months or less (There is no wage ceiling in the case of newspaper employee). (Para 80)
- Every Cine Worker other than an excluded employee shall be entitled to become a member of the Fund if he has worked in not less than three feature films with one or more producers provided his pay at the time of joining the Fund does not exceed Rs. 1600/-P.M or Rs.15,000/- per year. (Para 81)
Note: w.e.f 1-11-90 , an employee is eligible for membership from the very first date of joining a covered establishment.
a) Employees' Pension Scheme:
- Every employee who became member of the Employees' Provident Fund Scheme on or after 16-11-95. (Employee who is above the age of 58 on the date of joining the Employees' Provident Fund Scheme shall not be enrolled).
- Every employee who is a member of Employees' Provident Fund Scheme 1952 and who has not opted for erstwhile Employees' family pension scheme, may also become a member if he opts for Employees' Pension Scheme.
- Every employee who was a member of Employees' Provident Fund Scheme and has left service between 1-4-93 and 15-11-95 can also join the Employees' Pension Scheme by submission of option.
Note: The Employees' Pension Scheme membership will cease from the date the member attains 58 years of age . However, he will continue to be a member of Employees' Provident Fund till he leaves the service and withdraws the Provident Fund accumulations.
c) Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme:
Every employee who become member of the Employees' Provident fund Scheme/exempted Provident Fund Scheme.